25th WINTER WONDERLAND 2013
NOVEMBER 16 Decorating Day- Free Lunch
NOVEMBER 24 Lights of Love Tree Lighting
NOVEMBER 25 Light Testing (for Participants)
NOVEMBER 29 Lighting of the Park at 6:30 P.M.
JANUARY 2 Last day park is lit
******This is the 25th year for this event, so the Oconto Area Chamber of Commerce will award a gift certificate to the group, business or individual who has the best decorated site.
ANGEL TREE: We need to limit the number of Angel trees to 12. It will be on a first come basis. The committee will purchase lights, provide a lighted sign and decorate your tree. Your cost is $200 enclosed with your completed form below.
CUT TREES: We will have boom trucks and operators available on Saturday, November 16 to assist you the stringing of the lights. There will be cut trees brought in which will be available to decorate for a fee of $25 each.
PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM BELOW. YOU MUST ENCLOSE YOUR REMITTANCE WITH THIS FORM IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE!
MAKE YOUR CHECK PAYABLE TO : 2013 WINTER WONDERLAND
No site or tree will be reserved without payment. This is necessary to map out Holtwood Park.
Cut and mail this form and your check to: WINTER WONDERLAND
PO BOX 103
Oconto, WI 54153
Name of Business/Group/Individual ________________________________
TELEPHONE # _________________________________________________
Have cut tree brought in? $25 each tree enclosed $_____________________
Angel Sponsor? $200 enclosed $_____________________________________
Put up Lighted silhouette_____________
Decorate Real tree in park ? There are not many left so this will be on first come basis _______________________________
Other donation $ __________________
1. ONLY mini lights can be used.
2. Trees that can be decorated with a ladder may have decorations with mini lights. Decorations must be suitable for the theme of Winter Wonderland, be weatherproof and will not damage the tree while up or when removing. Only mini lights are allowed on trees.
3. When putting up lights, no more than 3 sets can be connected together. Any more may cause a fuse in the string to burn out. LEAVE MALE END OF CORD HANGING AT THE BASE OF THE TREE.
4. A sign indicating your name can be placed by your tree or display. The sign is only to include your name or business name. NO ADVERTISING ALLOWED! All signs/silhouettes must be illuminated with a floodlight. Signs can be no larger than 2 feet by 2 feet.
5. Extension cords are available from the Committee on SATURDAY ONLY!
These cords are to be used only for hooking your tree to the electricity.
6. The Committee DOES NOT furnish spotlights. A maximum of 50 watts can be used.
7. Committee assistance will be available on SATURDAY ONLY!
8. You are responsible for maintaining your decorations, lights and display. Please remove all decorations from your tree as soon as possible after the last lighting day. This includes small purchased trees, If you do not comply with this you will not be asked to participate again.
9. MEMORIAL POLICY: Memorials can be remembered on the “LIGHTS OF LOVE” tree with a donation. You may decorate a tree identifying the tree as “John Smith” tree, not “In Memory of John Smith”. WATCH THE MEDIA FOR THE FORMS AND INFO FOR THE LIGHTS OF LOVE TREE.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE GUIDELINES TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR ALL INVOLVED IN PLANNING AND DECORATING.
The Winter Wonderland Committee will provide food and refreshments while decorating on Saturday only.
This beautiful event could not happen without YOU.
If you have any questions, call Kathy or Ron at Image Apparel at 834-5606.