With 33 sites on the National Register of Historic Places, Oconto, Wisconsin, takes pride in its motto, “History on the Bay.” Yet today, Oconto is so much more than a just a historical setting for grand homes, lumbering, bayside harbors, and the Copper Culture people (Copper Culture State Park). Present-day Oconto has so much to offer its residents, visitors, businesses, industries, and nonprofits.
Oconto Has So Much to Offer
Located a mere 30-minute drive from Green Bay at the start of Wisconsin’s Northwoods, Oconto retains its small-town Wisconsin charm. Yet, Oconto also offers big-city amenities like a hospital, fitness center, library, airport, museum, fire department and police department. Situated on the shores of the Bay of Green Bay, Oconto offers world-class walleye fishing and water recreation. Outdoor recreation abounds, whether you’re golfing, camping, lying on the beach, bird watching, or picnicking at a city park. Oconto is home to numerous churches, a radio station, community theater, and a thriving school system.
Chamber of Commerce is a Business Advocate
Many businesses and industries call Oconto home. The Oconto Area Chamber of Commerce acts as a connecting point in the business community. The Chamber advocates for business growth and sustainability, community development, city beautification, and tourism. The Chamber partners with the Oconto Unified School District, City of Oconto, and Oconto County Economic Development Corporation to strengthen the economy and local business community.
Benefits of Chamber Membership
Chamber members reap many benefits:
- Recognition as community leaders, contributing to the business or nonprofit’s prestige and credibility
- Chamber-sponsored community events include Miss Copperfest Queen Scholarships, Santa’s Visit/Letters to Santa, the Christmas Parade, Harvest Fest, and Chamber Golf Outing
- Chamber members may add their events to the calendar on the Chamber website
- Listing on the Chamber website with a link to the organization’s website
- Listing in the Oconto County Discovery Guide
- Cost-saving co-op advertising opportunities
- Door decal indicating a business is a current Chamber member
- Access to ribbon cuttings, grand openings, and open houses
- Opportunity to advertise on bulletin boards at the harbor and Holtwood Campground
- Business referrals to residents, members and tourists contacting the tourism office
- Collaboration and networking opportunities at monthly meetings (3rd Tuesday of each month) and social events
Join the Chamber
The Oconto Area Chamber of Commerce invites all businesses, industries, and nonprofit organizations to join the Chamber. Together, we can build strong partnerships, support and promote one another, and create a vibrant Oconto-area business economy.